INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE TIPS
• We advise not to have the oven exposed to the weather and try to cover it with a roof so that it doesn’t get wet. For the type of construction and material it should not be used if it is wet. If it is, wait for it to dry. An abrupt change in temperature due to the extraction that occurs from the humidity would produce its rapid degradation.
• For the preservation and improvement of the quality of retention of the heat, it’s necessary to make around the furnace walls of work, they must be covered with refractory fiber and covered with a light insulating material.
• If the oven is used in its initial state of supply, after the first uses will appear cracks in the vault being able to be of considerable size, this is due to the process of expansion and constraction due to the temperature reached.
• The cracks should be repaired with a refractory mortar, and then painted with thick lime.
• In order to ensure long-term temperature conservation, ovens must be completely heated in their construction.
• Do not use pine wood, pallets, agglomerates, furniture, etc. This type of wood is consumed quickly and is not valid for use in these furnaces.
• The wood used must be hard, holm oak, olivera, orange, almond, etc. These woods are hard so they are consumed slowly and support the embers, which is ideal for the use and cooking of food in the firewood ovens.
• Open the smoke outlet tube and register the door.
• Insert the firewood and set the fire
• Make a very soft fire when you turn it on, and add the wood in very few quantities so that the temperature increases very slowly. Do not try to raise the temperature of the oven quickly by catching a lot of firewood at once, as it would be consumed quickly without obtaining the desired purpose and also this would affect the material construction.
• Estimated time of ignition to achieve a desired temperature inside and in the total of the construction of 2> 3 hours according to oven size. Avoid the temperature rise rapidly, and above all, do not exceed 250ºC.
• Once the desired temperature has been obtained, bring the coals and fire to one side of the inside of the oven, leaving the other side free to deposit the products to cook.
• Close the exhaust outlet 3/4 to maintain the temperature better.
• Maintain the oven temperature by adding little wood on the side where the fire is when necessary.